BP Settlement News
BP needs to stop with the commercials, and the B.S. we are on your side, when in fact they are doing everything they can to undermine the BP Settlement. After getting shot down attempting to rewrite the BP Settlement by Judge Barbier several times, they are now trying to get their way in the 5th circuit.
BP is attempting to eliminate numerous categories of claimants, we have been telling you this for the last month.
So when you see their commercials on T.V., telling you how well they are treating the people along the Gulf.
Know the TRUTH, THEY ARE NOT ON YOUR SIDE. Actions speak louder then words.
This is all about money, and BP is doing it`s best to save theirs.
Recent BP Settlement History:
- BP sues Pat Juneau for misinterpreting how he is suppose to administer funds under the terms of the BP Settlement. Let me tell you something, we process many BP Claims in house and these people stick to the letter of the Settlement. All BP wants to do here is exclude certain categories, professionals, construction, media, and agriculture are the prominent.
- BP has tried several times to rewrite the BP Settlement, and tried to enroll the Judge and the P.S.C. The P.S.C. and the Judge have stood firmly, holding BP to the terms of the Settlement.
- BP uses appeals as a method to stall payments, overwhelming the DeepWater Horizon Settlement Appeals Process.
- BP sets up traps within the BP Settlement, such as the Customer Mix Test, if a Claimant is not covered under a straightforward V Trend model, most will never see a dime. We are woking to fix that.
- BP agrees to pay stockholders 8.5 Billion for losses and expedites payments, but not the people of the Gulf.
- BP hires Feinberg who declares himself Independent until the Judge ORDERS him to Stop, meanwhile over 200,000 people take his devilish Quickpays.
- BP now appeals Judge Barbiers Decision to the 5th Circuit, and wants to eliminate dozens of categories they initially agreed to pay under the terms of the BP Settlement.
Still think BP is on Your Side.
What are we seeing NOW
The DeepWater Horizon Settlement has accelerated it`s processing capabilities. Postlethwaite & Netterville, the accounting firm that is now handling the majority of the BP Claims seems to be doing a good job, at the very least, much better then their predecessor. If there are issues with a claim, we are often given a phone call, or an email, and time to cure the issue before incompleteness notices, or other notifications are given. This has been a relief, and a much needed departure from past processing procedures. We can tell you from first hand experience that they strictly adhere to the terms of the BP Settlement.
Appeals, appeals, and more appeals, BP is still up to it`s old tricks trying to appeal BP Settlement Claims. They are taxing the Appeals system, and the peoples patience. The Judge and the Plaintiff Steering Committee are doing their best to thwart them, but still they persist.
We have heard from more then 50,000 people over the last 3 years. Our first site was SurvivetheSpill.com that was meant to get people help that needed help, from people that could give help. The issue was, too many people needed help, we eventually would align with Catholic Charities, and the Guys from Deadliest Catch, and we would help 1,000`s, with SurvivetheSpill.com.
We have been at this from the beginning, and we know from first hand knowledge what is really going on.
We were then told to foll0w the BP Claims process by some attorneys because it was going to be a mess, and we did, that`s when BPClaims.org was born.
This would lead us into processing claims during the GCCF days, and eventually building The Network of Claims Professionals we have today.
Combined we have over 300 Million dollars in claims paid, and over 2 Billion dollars in the current settlement.
If you need assistance with your BP Settlement call us today at 1-800-BP-CLAIM
BP Claims Professionals are only a phone call or a click away.